Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas time

Two years ago this weekend, three different families had our profile books.

We had no idea how much our lives were about to change.

Each year I prayed that I wouldn't spend Christmas without at least knowing a baby was on the way. I would silently tell God that my only Christmas wish was a baby. I would be so disappointed each year as negative pregnancy tests would give me my news. Somehow, always an optimist, I just believed that one year it would happen for me.

I remember Monday, December 10, 2007 like it was today. My pastor called to check on me in the morning. I told him that if we didn't have our baby by Christmas, I would be okay with it. I was done putting time limits on God. I honestly felt a peace about waiting a little while longer for our baby. I remember cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry and just being busy around the house. At 1pm, only a couple hours later, our caseworker called & said that we had been chosen. I cried and cried!

After 9 years of praying, I was getting my Christmas present from God.

He was so worth waiting for and I wouldn't trade all the tears for another baby.

Christmas Present Nathan

I thank God each day for allowing me to be Nathan's Mama. I look into his eyes and see pure love.

Remember, God hears your prayers. Rarely does He answer them on our time frame. He knows better what we need and when the timing is just right. Praying you have a wonderful Christmas.

3 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Kelly, that was beautiful. I am so happy that you finally had your Christmas baby.

Lisa said...

Thank you, Kelly. I found that especially comforting today.

Jen and Ty said...

I just found your blog thru Bethany Forum's and I had to make a little comment.... I'm so happy for you and it was very comforting to read your words as we have just found out about our second failed placement... :) I'm trying so hard to "Let Go and Let God." I know He will handle our family in His time.. Thanks again!