A few months back I bought a book titled the creative family by amanda blake soule.
I love this book. It's a great read & she puts an interesting perspective on creativty. One of the things she talks about, is how gratitude inspires creativity. "Gratitude, and recognizing gratitude, can have a powerful effect on our whole lives. When we feel grateful, we feel full - full of love, full of inspiration, full of ideas, and full of a creative spirit." (pg 15)
She recommends making a point of practicing gratitude in our daily lives.
I heard this quote while folding towels and secretly wishes for a maid... and it brought me back to reality. The more we count the blessings we have, the less we crave the luxuries we haven't. — William Arthur Ward
So, here's my gratitude list for the day: (in no particular order)
the air I breathe
a roof over my head
two cars in my garage
my hubby's paying job
my hubby
being a mama
the sweet boy who calls me mama
the love of friends and family
living in a free country
my salvation
a creator who loved me enough to die for me
the ability to make mistakes
a full pantry & fridge
a closet full of clothes
What are you grateful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment