Back in February when I started working out again, I decided to start walking around my block. I love our neighborhood and feel very fortunate that we live in a safe place.
Once around the block is about .62 of a mile. When I first started out, once around the block wore me out. By April I was able to go around twice, still tired but I did it. I decided to step it up a notch and start jogging.
When I first started out, I was not able to job very long. I am talking maybe 10 seconds out of every 2 minutes. I kept at it though, even with sweat literally dripping off my face. Twice around the block (1.2miles), I was worn out.
I have dealt with some aches and pains. Including my left knee giving me lots of problems. I now wear a brace most of the time and taken Joint Juice, a joint medication. Despite the setbacks, I knew that I could not give up.
This weekend I decided to start a Couch 2 5k program. The first week you do a 5 minute warm up, followed by intervals of jogging/walking. I have managed to do 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for 20 minutes. Today was day 2, and while the jogging for a full minute at a time was hard, I did it! I also noticed that I not sweating nearly as much. Big plus!
Another plus, when I started working out again I bought some pants in size XL. They were snug, putting it nicely. I didn't really need to use the drawstring keep them up. Today as I was running, even with the string tied tight, I had to keep pulling them up.
It feels great to meeting these goals!
No comments:
Post a Comment